http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: SIAN'S STORYTELLING SUNDAY

Sunday 7 October 2012

SIAN'S STORYTELLING SUNDAY

It's the first Sunday in October (though I have NO  idea how that can possibly be so!), and as on the first Sunday of every month  Bloggers from hither and thither get together and tell stories, encouraged by the lovely SIAN over at FROM HIGH IN THE SKY ...happy stories, funny stories, sad stories, long stories, short stories, stories with or without pictures- anything goes- even pictures with very few words, and EVERYONE is made very welcome..

Having had little time over the last week or so to think of a story, I started looking through my photo files...and discovered that just about this time last year I received this



The story is one of  courage, tenacity and grace....  we have seen them all from Marti, Deb and Carrie in that year...loving thoughts and prayers are with them and the rest of the family.

 To read a variety of stories why not pop over HERE ......I shouldn't imagine you'll be sorry!

Thanks for dropping by!
Take care of you
Alison xx



24 comments:

  1. How very thoughtful and appropriate for you to use this post for this month's storybook. I think they need all our thoughts and prayers this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and thoughtful post Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are nice to reach out. I remember hearing about these when they were sent out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done. I've been thinking so hard about them all this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it a year? How can that be? It has been quite a year for them and you have chosen to honour that in a most appropriate way this storytelling sunday. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to have that reminder, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh I can't believe it has been a year. My thoughts are with them all x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember learning about them all too, was it really a year ago? A lovely reminder Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not even sure what to say, I'm too choked up. A timely post indeed. My thoughts are with them constantly right now, good to see that others are thinking of them too x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful, thoughtful post and a great reminder to keep others in our prayers x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful and timely post - thanks for bringing Deb and Carrie to Storytelling Sunday.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  12. My thoughts are with them constantly and with other Team Teal members, as we come to terms with the way this story may well end. A lovely, lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes, definitely sending prayers to them! A beautifully written post Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  14. a very thoughtful post Alison, how lovely of you x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely thing to share today. They've been in my thoughts too xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A poignant photo, thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Alison - I'm catching up on my blog reading, and just popped over to Deb's blog. Hoping they can find some strength in all this. Thanks for your lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is lovely Alison. I have my Bracelet hanging by its ribbon bow, next to my desk. It's nice because whenever I see it, I remember Marti, Deb, Carrie and their family.
    Like you and many others, I keep thinking of them a lot just now. They're in my prayers too.
    Thank you for sharing this and reminding us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very timely reminder. I've been thinking of them a lot too. How sweet of you to bring it to Storytelling Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful post Alison, especially at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It certainly is a story of courage and grace. I am keeping them all in my thoughts in the hope of a happy ending xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a difficult time, I am also keeping them all in my thoughts and prayers xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!