http://alisonslife-in-the-slow-lane.blogspot.com/ Life in the Slow Lane: 2014 SUMMERTIME SCAVENGER HUNT

Sunday 15 June 2014

2014 SUMMERTIME SCAVENGER HUNT

Join the Scavenger Hunt!




As has happened for the last couple of summers, RINDA has organised a Photographic Scavenger Hunt to help us while away the months of July to September; the list this year is as follows:

1. A sign welcoming people to your home town (or a nearby town)
2. A garden gnome
3. Birds on a wire
4. A group of tourists
5. A rack of post cards
6. An urban street scene
7. A rural landscape
8. A tattoo on a person
9. A bakery
10. A photo bomb (someone found lurking in the background of photo; the lurker may have intended to disrupt the picture or may be doing it unintentionally, but the background lurker is a surprise to the photographer)
11. A horn
12. A mascot
13. A sunrise
14. A parade
15. A juggler
16. A sign in a language other than English
17. A lamp post
18. A water fall
19. A public garden
20. A bus (not a car, truck, lorry, camper or RV) with a picture painted on its sides.
21. A photograph of you with something representing the season (recognizing that the season will be Winter for our friends in the southern hemisphere). Note: you may not use a substitute for this item.
If you find something on the list too difficult, you may substitute one of the following items for anything on the list, except for Item #21:
Alternative A: A kite, hot air balloon or blimp
Alternative B: A bird house



I've been keeping my eyes open while I've been out and about ....here's what I've found so far:

NUMBER 2- a garden gnome



He was actually part of a whole FAMILY of gnomes on display inside a Garden Centre I visited whilst in Scotland visiting mum and dad.

NUMBER 17-a lamp post


This one is outside my house and it was actually MELISSA who noticed it in a photograph of the house I was posting....(does that make the lamp post NUMBER 10, I wonder?!)

NUMBER 5- a rack of postcards




Not a hard thing to find around here!

NUMBER 7- a rural landscape


Up in the mountains not far from here

NUMBER 20-a bus with a picture painted on it's sides


We get lots of tourist buses around here

Not a bad start I reckon....if you aren't already, why not think about joining in?

It's been a hot weekend here....hoping you've seen some sunshine where you are!

Thanks for dropping by!
Take care of you
Alison xx

15 comments:

  1. Great start--I'll be curious what you come with for a juggler and for the photo bomber (I'm betting most of those will be hilarious!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent start! I like seeing your house, but I think I missed your #21?
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start to your hunt! Love the gnomes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the idea of your house photobombing. such a lovely blue sky - actually have that today here after days of overcast (but warm)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are well away, Alison - this is a great clutch. And isn't it funny how familiarity means we tend not to notice things ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a good few ticks off the list..

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great start to the Scavenger Hunt. The lamp post made me smile as I contrasted it with the one outside my house! I probably won't be taking a picture of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos. I've made a start on the list but haven't found nearly as many as you! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great start Alison! Ok, out and about with the cameras and list today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL - I guess that lamp post could be #10! Great start to the hunt! I finally got a start this past weekend & am hoping to post my first find tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a good start. Very cute gnome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment....I love reading them all!